Whenever I go to India there is the most amazing Iced Coffee I get at McDs of all places. Don’t judge, it’s really delicious. When I get home I run through tubs of double cream trying to recreate that sweet, creamy flavour.
Then one day, while sipping a hot Vietnamese coffee I had a brainwave and the easiest, tastiest iced coffee was born. And best of all no fancy equiThen I discovered throwing the whole lot in the blender makes a cool, creamy, delicious drink/pudding to rival any coffee shop. And now that it’s decided to be summer here I thought I’d share the recipe with you
Serves 1 as a straightforward iced coffee, 2 for a blended drink(because youll need more ice). These are the proportions I use but feel free to change them according to your palate or the size of your glass. The glass I used was about 300ml.
- 1 shot of espresso
- 1 tbs of condensed milk
- 1 tbs double cream
- 150 ml milk
- a handful of ice cubes
- 15-30 ml booze (optional but recommended), kahlua, amaretto, bailey’s, frangelico all work well here. Yes, I have tried.
- ice cream (optional)
- squirty cream (optional)
If you are planning to blend your drink you can make it in the blender cup. If not you can make it straight into your serving cup.
- Make a good, strong shot of espresso.
If you don’t have an espresso machine, mix up 2 tsp instant coffee with 30ml of water, just off the boil and stir well until all the granules dissolve.
- Pour the condensed milk into the hot coffee and stir till dissolved.
- Add the milk, booze (if yore using it) and ice cubes and stir gently.
- if you are blending, now’s the time. Whizz to your preferred consistency and pour into a glass.
- if you’re going all out, add ice cream and squirty cream.
- Enjoy, quick! It will start raining in a minute!