The Works always seem to have lovely wooden boxes in stock. I got this one there but could not for the life of me find a link to it.
Anyway, I thought it would be the perfect size and shape to keep the most commonly used feet handy and close to the sewing machine. At the moment, all my feet are kept in a biscuit tin in a wardrobe all the way across the room. If I want to change feet I have to….dun dun duuuun…GET UP! O the horror!
So I got out my tin of trusty black board paint and got busy painting the lid (inside and out) and the tops of the inside dividers.
I give it two layers of paint and let it dry completely before priming the surface with some plain white chalk. I labelled the sections using normal chalk but I’m pretty sure I have a chalk pencil somewhere round here which would look a lot neater but this will do for now.
*sigh* no more getting up for feet!